What? A day of participatory training in presentation and campaigning skills.
When? Friday 10th November 10:30am – 5:00pm
Where? The University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD
Who? 30 other young supporters of Positive Money. 3 staff members from the office team.
Young people in the UK are faced with increasingly daunting futures.
- Where one in five young people are homeless *
- Where they owe more than £50,000 for a university degree that might not even lead to a job
- Where they are unable to access mental health or sexual health services due to cuts to youth services.
Simply put, the economy does not work for young people, and it wont until we come together to build a new economy that works for us, and for the rest of society too.
Friday 10th November 2017 will be the official start of Positive Money’s Youth Network.
On that day, we’ll bring 30 passionate young people together – training them to work together to deliver talks to young people in their communities. All with the aim of inspiring and empowering hundreds of young people to join the movement for a fairer economy.
We are looking for 3 young people from roughly 10 areas across the country to participate in the speaker’s training day, which will be held at York University. Would you like to take part? Or do you know someone who would?
We are looking for young people who:
- will enjoy coming to the training day to develop knowledge, skills and a toolkit for delivering talks together in the next year
- are keen to learn from and support their nearest Positive Money local group: e.g., go to their monthly meetings, and seek their support for your talks
To apply, please fill out the online form: https://goo.gl/forms/skcFhx9awJyZcuqj2
Or you can apply via email to email@example.com, with your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to take part in the training day? Why does this topic interest you?
- Do you have any experience in working with young people? Please tell us about it.
- What skills do you hope to gain on the day, and how do you hope to use them?
Please use no more than 600 words.
The deadline to apply is 6pm on Tuesday 31st October.
The training day will give each participant the skills to be a strong and confident public speaker, and also will give them the chance to meet other young people who are also passionate about building a fair economic system.
After the training, all participants will receive a tailored support framework, so that they can learn and support each other as they go on to deliver talks to other young people in their areas, and become active supporters of local groups.
If you are younger than 30, please consider join us for the training day on 10th November.
Our Youth Network Coordinator Noni is looking forward to hearing from you!