We are seeking Non-Executive Directors, to join us on a voluntary basis, with skills and experience in 1 or more of the following areas:
- Campaigning/organising at a local, national, or international level
Positive Money is a small, but fast-growing organisation that combines activities of a think-tank, pressure group, and international movement. Our mission is to restore democratic control and transparency over the creation of money. This issue has implications for many of the social and economic problems we face today yet remains poorly understood and insufficiently covered in public debate.
Our Directors are vital to supporting the development of the organisation as it grows.
Exciting recent successes for Positive Money include:
- The Bank of England publishing a paper on ‘Money creation in the modern economy’
- The Financial Times’ chief economics commentator Martin Wolf expressed his support for our proposals in a recent article
- The development of an international network, The International Movement for Money Reform, which includes over 20 organisations that we are helping to establish and grow
- A fast growing national network which comprises over 30 local supporter groups who are organising in their area on this issue
- A subscriber list that stands at over 20,000 and is growing fast
Fulfilling the role
There are currently 4 Non-Executive Directors. All Directors are expected to:
- Be fully supportive of Positive Money’s aims
- Attend Directors meetings which are held at least five times a year, including an away day. It is expected that Directors will attend meetings unless there are exceptional circumstances (Skype can be used if necessary).
- Give informal advice concerning their area of expertise directly to staff regularly (e.g. every 2-3 months)
- Contribute actively to Positive Money’s strategy
- Ensure that Positive Money complies with its governing document, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure that Positive Money pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of Positive Money
- Ensure the financial stability of Positive Money
- Protect and manage Positive Money ‘s funds
- Appoint the Executive Director and monitor her/his performance
Please send a CV & cover letter (no more than 2 pages) detailing your motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 6pm on Monday 24th August 2014
If you have any queries about the role and would like to have an informal discussion, please contact Fran Boait on 0207 253 3235 or email@example.com.