Positive Money is looking to recruit up to 3 new Non-Executive Directors onto its board.
Positive Money is a research and campaigning organisation that seeks to reform the money and banking system in order to support a fair, democratic, and sustainable economy. We were founded in 2010 as a civil society response to the 2008 global financial crisis. Money and banking has implications for many of the social, economic, and environmental problems we face today yet remains poorly understood and insufficiently covered in public debate. We are a non-profit company limited by guarantee. We currently have ten staff, mostly based in London, working remotely. Our organisational structure and culture has meant we have been able to continue working uninterrupted throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
In 2019 Positive Money undertook a significant amount of high profile activity to raise awareness of our key campaign issues, including:
- 134 news stories across television, radio, online and print publications. Including coverage from the Financial Times, The Guardian, The Times, BBC 5 Live, Sky, CityAM, OpenDemocracy and even Le Monde! – to name a few
- Our network of local groups hosted over 60 discussions around the country covering topics from debt jubilees and climate breakdown, to student debt and the Swedish e-krona
- We launched our well-received report ‘Seeking Legitimacy: A New Settlement for the Bank of England’ in October, exploring the complex and problematic relationship between the Treasury department and Bank of England.
- Less than a year after our report ‘A Green Bank of England’ was published, Governor Mark Carney made a historic move in April and committed the Bank to disclosing its climate risk.
- We launched a new office in Brussels ‘Positive Money Europe’ to pursue the same money and banking reform mission within the Eurozone. This is a separate company with its own board.
Unremunerated with Reasonable Expenses
How to apply
Please send a CV & cover letter (each document no more than 2 pages) detailing your motivation for applying to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4th June, 8am. If you have any queries about the role and would like to have an informal discussion, please contact the Executive Director, Fran Boait on 020 7253 3235 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place: 10th – 11th June on zoom
More information is in the application pack here
Positive Money is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, disability, class, and ethnicity but, as women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic people are currently under-represented within the Positive Money network, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.