While those in power focus on patching up the banks and letting them get back to business as usual, ordinary people are being made to pay for the crisis – through job losses, bank bailouts, higher taxes, cuts in public services, and interest on a mountain of debt that can never be repaid.
As members of the public and concerned citizens we need to defend our own interests against the self-interest of the big banks. We need to campaign for reforms that end the banks’ ability to bury us under a mountain of debt, to engage in risky deals that go wrong, and then pass the costs back onto ordinary people.
We need to get control over money: over who gets to create it, and how it is used.
If it’s true that money rules the world, then right now it’s the big banks that rule money. So we need to take the power back.
This one day conference will show you:
- How banks really work; how they are able to create money out of nothing when they make loans, and how the money used to repay loans is lost forever.
- Why letting banks create money will leave the vast majority of us buried under a mountain of unpayable debt
- Why the current banking system is at the root of poverty, debt and inequality, and how it accelerates the breakdown of the environment
- How power has shifted from our democracy to the big banks in the City of London
But this will be a day full of solutions, so we’ll also cover:
- What we need to do to stop the big banks causing so much harm to society and the economy
- How regaining power over money can reduce poverty, debt and inequality, andunlock the funding for a transition to green and sustainable energy
- How fixing the banks could reduce taxes or fund better public services
- How the debt-crisis can end within 12 months, once the right steps are taken.
The day will be focussed on action: what we need to do to take control over our money and reclaim some power from the big banks. We’ll KEEP IT LIGHT ON TECHNICAL ECONOMICS and FOCUS on the HUMAN IMPACT of allowing banks to create money as debt.
We’ll even have a bit of comedy from a professional theatre group…this won’t be your ordinary conference!
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW: http://bit.ly/ogayzp
We look forward to seeing you there!