We are looking for an intern to build a connected, skilled and motivated youth network within the Positive Money supporter network. The intern will support the youth network to deliver talks and presentations about Positive Money for young audiences, in schools, universities and youth groups and build a support framework to ensure the network has access to resources, peer communication platforms and support.
This internship position provides an opportunity for an individual whose key skills are clear communication, initiative and organisation. Ideally, you have experience working with young people and you enjoy managing projects. You will enjoy bringing people together and figuring out how to engage new audiences in economic issues. You are solutions-focused and have initiative, but are not afraid to reach out for support. Above all you are a people person, with a passion for working with young adults, and determined to create a fairer, more democratic and sustainable economy.
- Type of position: The role is for an initial fixed term of 12 weeks
- Location: London
- Salary: £9.75/hour (London Living Wage)
- Hours: 21 hours per week with some flexibility; the post holder would be expected to work the occasional evening or weekend for time off in lieu.
- Start date: 25th September
About Positive Money
Positive Money is a fast-growing research and campaigning organisation. We campaign to reform the money and banking system. Current monetary policy and the money system cause a wide range of economic, social and environmental problems; most notably house price bubbles, high levels of debt, and rising inequality. Our vision is for a money and banking system that supports a fair, democratic, and sustainable economy.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience managing groups of young people and network building
- Experience inspiring and equipping volunteers to take action
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills
- Strong project management skills, experience managing events
- Experience designing presentations and/or participatory workshops for young audiences
- Have a good understanding of Positive Money’s critique of the current monetary system and our proposals for change, and ability to explain them concisely
- The ability to take initiative, identify challenges and propose creative solutions
- The ability to work in time-pressured situations and to meet deadlines
- IT proficiency: skilled user of Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media platforms
Values and behaviours:
- Be committed to our vision for a fair, democratic, and sustainable money system
- Enjoy working with a high level of autonomy, trust, and experimentation
- Ability to work well alone or within a team, and multi-task
- Friendly and professional manner
Please send a CV (max 2 pages) & cover letter (max 1 page) answering the question below to email@example.com
- What skills and experience do you have that make you suitable to apply for this role?
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2017
Interview date: 8th August
Positive Money is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, disability and ethnicity but, as women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic people are currently under-represented within the Positive Money network, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.