We are looking for an intern to work as part of our influencing team to build awareness of our campaign to reform the money and banking system, support parliamentary interventions, influence policy and respond to political and economic events.
This internship position provides an opportunity for an individual who wishes to gain practical experience of campaigns, public affairs and media relations.
- Type of position: The role is for a fixed term of 6-months
- Location: London
- Salary: £9.75/hour (London Living Wage)
- Hours: Full time (subject to negotiation)
- Start date: 12th July
About Positive Money
Positive Money is a fast-growing research and campaigning organisation. We campaign to reform the money and banking system. Current monetary policy and the money system cause a wide range of economic, social and environmental problems; most notably house price bubbles, high levels of debt, and rising inequality. Our vision is for a money and banking system that supports a fair, democratic, and sustainable economy.
- Enthusiasm for Positive Money’s mission
- A willingness to learn about the money and banking system
- A desire develop skills across campaigns, public affairs and media relations
- Flexibility and an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work proactively and independently
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Experience of planning and delivering campaigns (in a professional or voluntary capacity)
- A commitment to Positive Money’s values and behaviours
- Knowledge of macroeconomics
- Experience of organising events
Please send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you would be a good fit for this role.
As outlined above, the role includes activities relating to policy, media and research. If you have a particular interest in any one of these, please mention this in your application.
Closing date for applications: 28th May
Interviews: w/c 5th June
Positive Money is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, disability and ethnicity but, as women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic people are currently under-represented within the Positive Money network, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.