How is money created by banks?

Home » Blog » 2. The Current Mone… » How is money create…

Currently only 3% of all the money in circulation is created by the Bank of England. This 3% consists of coins and banknotes. The remaining 97% is numbers in bank accounts. These bank deposits are created by commercial (i.e. high-street) banks, through some simple accounting, when they make loans. Find out how banks create money here.

Stay in touch

Posted in: 2. The Current Monetary System

No Announcement posts

back to top