Positive Money is a research and campaigning organisation that seeks to reform the money and banking system in order to support a fair, democratic, and sustainable economy. We were founded in 2010 as a civil society response to the 2008 global financial crisis. Money and banking has implications for many of the social, economic, and environmental problems we face today yet remains poorly understood and insufficiently covered in public debate. We are a non-profit company limited by guarantee.
In 2017 Positive Money undertook a lot of activity including:
- Hosting our biggest ever event in Parliament, a 10 years after the crash event with Ed Balls and Martin Wolf (FT), and packed out events at the Labour and Conservative Party conferences
- Significant amount of media coverage including front page of City AM reporting a poll of MPs we undertook on their knowledge of the money system
- Online videos including a viral video around the election on the unfair money and banking system
- Reaching over 65,000 supporters and building a vibrant network of over 35 local groups across the UK
- Launching Positive Money Europe in Brussels to continue our work there scrutinising the European Central Bank
Positive Money is looking to recruit a new Chair for its Board of Non-Executive Directors.
Unremunerated with Reasonable Expenses
How to apply: Please send a CV & cover letter (each document no more than 2 pages) detailing your motivation for applying to email@example.com . Please see the application pack (link at the bottom of this page) for more details
Closing date for applications: 8am on Monday 18th June 2018. If you have any queries about the role and would like to have an informal discussion, please contact the Executive Director, Fran Boait on 020 7253 3235 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal chat about the role please contact the current Chair, Charlotte Millar on 0785 401 6052 or at email@example.com
Positive Money is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, disability, class, and ethnicity but, as women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic people are currently under-represented within the Positive Money network, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.
Please note interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 27th and 28th June.
Application pack: For more information on the role, its responsibilities, and a person specification, please download our full APPLICATION PACK.